Monday, November 3, 2008

Early Morning Weather Report

I have begun to feel the motivation for eating perfectly on spot slip just a little bit. I think I need to switch back to Maggie at some point, because I guess that Peter just isn't doing it for me. 

That isn't to say that I haven't been counting my points, because I have been. And it isn't to say that I've been overeating, because I haven't been. I just feel a little less in control of my snacking habits right now, which has been leaving me less points at night for dinner. And having less points at night for dinner makes me dip into my anytime points, which has been something that I've been careful about doing (even though they are there for you to eat and still lose weight, I know, I know). So it's been a strange and new situation. I'm waiting to see what the difference is on the scale. Since I have been losing weight so fast every other week, I'm wondering if it's my body just genuinely needing more food - because again, the anytime points are supposed to be eaten if you want them. Every other time I enter my weight loss on the weight watchers site I get a friendly reminder that I am losing weight too fast and need to see a doctor. Yayyy! So again, maybe this need to snack more and use some of my anytime points is my body saying that it's hungry and I'm going too fast. We'll try the "listen to your body" theory this week and see what it does to the scale.

Because at the end of the day, if I'm not eating because I'm hungry then I'm eating because there is some other emotion going on. Like stress, anxiety, sadness, boredom, etc. I guess I have been feeling stressed since my doctor's appointment last week. Much more stressed than I've been in a long time. And really, two weeks ago at Weight Watchers when Peter said that dessert shouldn't be a reward, "because that's using food to celebrate, which is wrong" - that also set off something off in me that I wasn't expecting. It really pissed me off, actually. Because I think if you are able to save some of your points for the end of the day, then you should get a calculated dessert! And be proud of yourself for 1. saving those points and 2. choosing a healthier dessert! So for whatever reason I was PISSED when Peter said that. Man. I do need to switch back to Maggie. She may drive me crazy, but she never pisses me off.

Last night I had the hardest time falling asleep. I just had too many weird things running through my head. And now a list of creepy things that did not help me fall asleep:

1. A rat has found his way into our apartment. He comes through a hole in the foundation and up through where the gas pipes go out behind the stove. He is a relatively new visitor, so we have been taking corrective measures already. But I'm scared of seeing him in the kitchen when I'm here alone, or of finding him alive in a trap.

2. We watched this stupid paranormal show yesterday where this girl was possessed and if it really was "reality," then it was the scariest thing I've ever seen. If it was fake, then it was dumb. But she had claw marks all up and down her back - like the kind a rat could give you if it made it up onto your bed...

3. On our walk last night Dan and I heard what sounded like a woman either being kidnapped, raped, or hit by a car. Three other people heard it too (both in apartment buildings and both on opposite sides of the street) and came running outside to see what had happened. It sounded like the woman was screaming bloody murder. We called the cops, but we couldn't find anything up or down the street. It was just about a block away from our apartment, yay!

4. When I took the dogs out for their last potty break, there was a cop with a flashlight checking inside garbage cans and under cars. He could have been looking for anything, but seeing as how he was a block away from where we heard a woman screaming, I think he was either looking for body parts or the murder weapon.

So yeah. All those things combined equaled me having trouble sleeping. And daylights savings woke me up bright and early! I'm going to use this time to clean the bathroom, go for my walk, and go grocery shopping. 

No comments: