Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween = unsafe work environment

I lost 1 pound last week, for a total of 32.2! Woo hoo!

I am overly happy about this, because I normally maintain or even gain on period weeks. So to lose a pound feels like a HUGE deal.

I didn't exercise yesterday morning because I couldn't get myself out of bed, which is typical of the days that I work long hours. And I didn't exercise last night because I had to watch Survivor, the Office, and 30 Rock. Oh the return of good television. How you taunt me so! Normally I am able to do weight lifting while watching tv, but I have found that this power is only active when the show I'm watching is a rerun. Strange how things like that work.

I probably won't get any exercise tonight, as we are going to the Halloween Parade and Maria's Halloween Party. But I like to think that I'll probably be staggering around drunk all night, which takes a lot of stamina. Stamina = exercise? Right?

Also, there is a big bowl of fun size candy at reception. And it will probably be there all day long. I brought treats in my purse to fortify myself with. But my workspace is often close to "unsafe" environments. Like free food for all! Right next to my desk! All day long! Wee! I don't know how Jennie manages to stay so skinny. I would have issues if it were right on my desk all day. At least I have to move 5 feet if I want something. That takes a lot of effort when every move is guilt ladden.

No comments: