Friday, October 24, 2008

Big Roller

I am on a metaphorical roll.

I lost 4.2 pounds this week, bringing the weight loss number to a grand total 0f 31.2. I like it when I not only hit a "5 pound marker," but then surpass it by a little bit too. It leaves a little less work to do on my way to the next check point.

My 30 pound reward is a big haircut. The last time I got my haircut was at checkpoint 15. I have something very specific in mind, which is exciting. There is a hairdo that I really WANT for my wedding, but I'm not sure how it will work with my facial features. So I'm going to bring the photos to the hair dresser and see what they think of it for me. And I'm also going to get the haircut so I can also see whether or not I like it. It's very 1950's, which is where my wedding style is headed (cardigan sweater, big skirt, little Cami, feather headband). Here is a photo. Clearly I will not be doing the pink part, but otherwise it is what I want (the hair, the cardigan, the undershirt).

So 3.8 pounds to go and I hit my first BIG GOAL. That is pretty exciting to me. I am more and more leaning for the reward of a hunt for the Wii fit, as I need an exercise boost in my life. It's funny how I can manage to stay on point every week, but that my exercise fluctuates so much. I want to remedy that, but I need help. And I'm not ready for a gym membership, as I don't have a schedule that would afford for trips to the gym. So home workouts are a go (and of course outdoor ones too).

I celebrated last night at the diner with Holly. I got the lentil loaf, as it is the greatest thing known to man. It is basically a "meat" loaf made from tofu, lentils, and hearty veggies with mashed potatoes and veggie gravy on top. It's very hearty and pretty low fat. I'm stoked that they added it to their menu permanently, because I was sad that it was only an occasional special item.

I also had a big vegan chocolate chip cookie - they use regular sugar, but whole wheat flour, a fake egg substitute, and carob chips. It is a huge cookie of delicious happiness. It costs many points, but is sooooo worth it.

The new exercise plan begins today (see yesterday's post for more details). I am excited to begin, as I'm starting to feel anxious about not using my limbs vigorously every day. My legs were really achy the day after my playground romp and I want to be back to the point where I feel tiny aches the day after a workout.


It will bring me back up to seven work outs per week, which was what I was doing in August. And frankly, I felt really good about that. And none of what I'm planning will be difficult to fit into my schedule, in fact I am trying hard to work around said schedule. And I'm also staying at 30 minutes for the most part, until it feels appropriate to move the time up. I'd rather spread out my workouts than just do an hour three times a week, though.

When I hit 50 pounds I'm probably going to do a progress photo. I don't have a "before" full body shot persay, but there are plenty of "gross" photos of me that I hate, but that would show progress pretty nicely.

I'd like to hit 50 pounds by January 1st. That gives me 2 months and 1 week. I think it's doable.

Back to work. I'll update on exercise progress later.


No comments: