Monday, October 6, 2008

It's that time of year

I am leaving for my first day of teaching in about 10 minutes. I am excited, eager, nervous, scared, etc etc etc. It's so lame but, I hope the children like me!

My first interview this week went exceptionally well. I like the area, I love the space, the mission is provocative, and I really like the woman I interviewed with. I think it would be such a good fit for me. Now begins the dreaded waiting process... she mentioned a second interview, so now I have to see if she calls me back in this week (and before Disney, at that).

I have my second interview for the week tomorrow afternoon. I'm not as excited about it yet, however it will be more money and benefits so I will take it if I can get it. I am hoping that I get one of the two jobs, so either way I can move on. Eek. It better happen.

I was hoping to exercise this afternoon before class, but with the interview, getting the stuff ready in my car, preparing the Blackbird agenda, and sending in my weekly submission I just didn't have the time. Oh well. I may try to lift weights after the meeting if I still feel the need to work out.

Also, we haven't gone grocery shopping yet this week. Which was fine today...and we'll be out of town Thursday through Tuesday, but we are out of foods that we normally eat throughout the week. So now I'm feeling a little stumped as to what to do in terms of things that are perishable. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what Dan thinks when he gets home.

Wish me luck!

No comments: