Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Strange Days.

For whatever reason I am having a rough one.

Friday night I was feeling congested, so I opted out of exercise. Dan brought me home some good movies and we had a "cuddle on the couch" fest.

Dan and I went for a 30 minute walk on Saturday, which was much needed. We also had a very good dinner party with friends. I made whole wheat pasta with veggies in a tomato sauce. There was also a light salad and Ryan brought bruschetta. And I made low cal margaritas, which are pretty much the best invention of all time. We drank 3/4 a bottle of tequila in about 3 hours. I used all my anytime points between Friday and Saturday, ha ha.

Sunday was pretty low key, because we were both hung over. Dan got up really early, but I slept in late. By the time I was up, Dan was heading back to bed for a nap. So he slept all day and I overdosed on bad television. I did manage to get in 30 minutes of weight training though, because I am awesome.

Monday was just a bad day from the start. I had a doctor's appointment and they saw me an hour and a half later than scheduled. And then while I was in his office his phone rang. He picked up and told me it would just be a second. Twenty minutes later I had sat through him talking this guy down from commiting suicide. Not fun. Not fun at all. I mean, I'm glad he took the call but I wish he would have asked me to leave the room or something. I then proceeded to wait 45 minutes just to be able to drop off my meds and I have to go back to pick them up tomorrow. Overall it was shit-tastic.

I decided to go to the Diner for lunch, because I wanted to sit somewhere that wasn't my house to calm down and collect myself before class. I knew that if I went home I would probably start to cry and have a hard time leaving. So I had a new lunch item at the restaurant which was good, but when I calculated my points after I realized I only left myself 7 points for dinner. Woops.

Class was a little better, although they created a new way to do snack time which was not only obnoxious but wasted at least 20 minutes of class time. We finally got to the puppet making lesson today, which was something they've been waiting to do. But two of my students were really disrespectful and I yelled at them in front of the whole class. I've been letting them get away with speaking their minds quite loudly the past three weeks and I guess today was not the day to test me. Anyway, it worked out in my favor because they apologized to me and told me that they didn't want to get kicked out of the class. The only bummer was that I forgot the Halloween treat I wanted to bring everybody and we didn't have enough time at the end of the day for them to get playground time. Oh well. It happens.

Dan was amazing last night and went on my 30 minute walk with me immediately when I got home. So that was really nice. I made myself some boca chilli because it was in my points range and ended the day much better than how it had started. Dan also offered to do the same thing tonight, to walk with me immediately, which I took him up on. I also have to do weights tonight, but I normally do that just before bed.

So I'm hoping that the rest of the week goes much better. I haven't eaten all 35 anytime points in a while, but it hopefully shouldn't be a problem on the scale. I will have gotten in 5 days worth of exercise by my next meeting. That's much more than I did last week.

No comments: