Thursday, January 7, 2010

resolutions, etc.

As of this Sunday, I have done the following:

Had three bottles (or 9 glasses) of water each day.

Eaten from at least 5 of my healthy categories per day.

Made one new recipe (chicken strogonoff). One of my non-weight loss resolutions is to make a new recipe every week, so that I'm cooking more in general and also trying new things.

Picked up some yarn, a hook, and a book and started teaching myself to crochet. This is another non-weight loss related resolution. So far I find it very relaxing and it has taken my mind off night time snacking, which is the goal.

Avoided dairy and splenda.

Done some form of exercise every day. My resolution was to go to the gym five times a week, but our dear friend and dog walker is not available to help us for the next three weeks. The good news is that she'll be working in my department for the next three weeks, so I imagine I'll be able to have lunch with her daily! Woo hoo! But I digress... We don't want to leave the dogs home for 12+ hours a day (seems cruel) so we are being creative and exercising at home three days a week. So we'll be pushing to go to the gym twice on the weekends for now.

Last night Dan and I were both exhausted from our rather epic gym workout on Tuesday. His back hurt, my knees hurt - we are both babies, but getting back into cardio takes time. Instead of exercising, we watched this horribly created (therefore amazing) show called "Ghost Adventures." If you can find this show, watch it. The ghost hunters names are "Zack, Nick and Aaron," and they use intimidation and goading to get the ghosts to appear. The narration is ridiculously stupid and they are constantly yelling at each other for making too much noise or "running away from ghosts." Anyway, that kept us pretty busy last night.

Dan got up this morning and did wii boxing. I stretched for 5 minutes and did 10 minutes of strength training. I will be doing wii yoga tonight before bed. With wii yoga on Monday and a gym visit on Tuesday, that will put me at my three days per week goal.




No comments: