Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Eat A Variety of Healthy Foods

I have putting any foods that fall into the "healthy" food category in bold. Here are the variety of foods I'd like to eat every day.

Fruit (especially berries for their antioxidant powers)
Vegetables (especially tomatoes)
Spinach (has it's own category for how amazing it is)
Yogurt
Whole Grains (especially oats)
Beans
Nuts/Seeds

I am pretty good about getting in berries, tomatoes, whole grains, and yogurt. The category that gives me the most trouble is nuts, because I have a tendency to overdo them.

Many of the other foods I eat are low fat/low calorie, but I'm not as worried about getting in meat and soy right now. To me those foods are supplements to my diet. Non essential. Filler. Yes, meat is filler. My husband is probably shaking his head right now.



No comments: