Sunday, August 31, 2008

Exercise Schmexercise

I didn't exercise on Thursday, so I did an hour's worth on Friday.
I didn't exercise on Saturday, so I did an hour's worth today. 
I sense a pattern forming...

Regardless, 30x30 was quite the challenge. And I am proud to say that I have succeeded!

Tomorrow begins 45x30 and the beginning of my weight training too. Dan and I are also planning to play football at the park, just for fun. We don't have any particular plans for lunch or dinner, but we are doing our grocery shopping for the week tomorrow. So we'll probably pick something out of the HG cookbook before we go shopping. Wow. This is truly an exciting post. 

I haven't done nearly as much snacking this weekend as I did last weekend, which is good. I did use some of my points for candy on both Friday and Sunday, though. I did get five servings of fruit on Friday, though and  I got five servings of vegetables on Sunday. So I'm feeling mostly okay with where I am this week. 

I've been finding that if I work really hard Monday through Thursday that it's easier for me to be comfortable having a treat on the weekends. I've had the control to not go over my points with my treats and in nine weeks I've only had one gain. I think I'm finding a good balance between restricting myself during the week and letting myself have a little fun on the weekends. I don't let myself have anything that people bring in to work anymore. In fact, I haven't had one treat at work since I started weight watchers, and there have been brownies, five cakes, three batches of cookies, chocolate covered fruit, deep fried cajun food, a week's worth of bagels, and an M&M dispenser. Which is an enormous amount of food for one office, in my opinion. I've never felt deprived though, because I am very good about having snacks at home that satisfy cravings and I am able to count. At any time in the house I have ice cream, chocolate covered pretzels, brownies, chocolate chips, graham crackers, and popcorn. I can have one of these things a day without "breaking the bank," and so far I've been able to just leave the other stuff alone without even thinking about it. In fact, the ice cream in my freezer has been in there for almost three weeks and the container is 3/4 full. 

So I know that was a really long rant about food, but I am really starting to feel like I have officially kicked a bad habit. It's been almost 60 days and I have kicked the majority of my bad eating habits and I've added exercise back into my daily routine. It's pretty cool. 

No comments: