Thursday, August 28, 2008

30x30

The 30x30 challenge has really been a big motivator for me to get outside exercising. The challenge itself has very few rules (which makes me love it even more)! Here they are:

1. Exercise 30 minutes a day for 30 days out of the month
2. If you miss a day, you can make it up by doing an hour of exercise during the week

That's it! Amazing, huh? And so easy to follow. Here is where I'm currently at with my goal:

Out of 28 days: I met my goal of 30 minutes on 22 days. I also excercised an additional 30 minutes on 6 of those 22 days as make up for the 6 days I missed. In other words? 30x28 is where I'm currently at, but I'm hoping to end the month at 30x31! Sweet.

For the month of October I'm going to beef it up to 45x30. I also plan on lifting weights 2-3 times a week starting the month of October. I also asked Dan to lift weights with me to help me stay motivated.

My weight lifting workout will consist of the following:
Free weights to work the biceps, triceps, and shoulders
Ab work (lower, middle, upper)
Leg lifts, squats (ugh), and thrusts

I will probably also throw in a little yoga for balance and stability. I really like starting and ending with some very traditional yoga poses.

I will probably also throw in a little Taebo in between reps. It's good to keep your heart rate up and I really like pretending to box.

I should note that I've been doing this work out once or twice a month for the last four or five years, but I used to do it 2-3 times a week in high school and freshman year of college. And I was toned, man. Not as toned as my Dad's calves, though. I really want to post a picture of my Dad's calves. They are giant and as hard as rocks.

I'll end with another product that I am currently loving: Trader Joes Chickenless Nuggets. They are breaded and have a pretty decent consistency. They're no McDonalds Nugget, but at 120 calories for 4 nuggets, they are a staple of my diet. I like making them with a baked potato as a side or corn on the cob. Down home and dirty, that's my style. I bet they'd be really amazing with vegetarian baked beans...

Is it lunch time yet?

No comments: