Monday, February 6, 2012

Current Obsessions

My newfound dancing craze has also led to some large jumps on the scale. I was down 5 pounds in one week when I weighed in on Saturday. I typically check my weight every other day (first thing in the morning) just so I can get a semi sense of how things are going... and I am down another 4 pounds since Saturday. At this point I'm hoping that these large jumps even out a bit, because it's not great for the body to lose weight so quickly. At the same time though, it does feel good to be able to see such obvious results from such an amazing new workout obsession. I want to shout from the rooftops, "It's working AND I love it too!" Nerd that I am.

The other thing that has changed since my newfound dancing craze is that I am hungry all of the damn time. I've been using all of my anytime points each week and I'm still finding myself feeling like I'm starving. This is not typically the case while I'm on weight watchers, so I know that it can be attributed to the 34 activity points I earn from just two workouts. Last week I actually earned 77 activity points in total (the most I've ever earned in a single week). Needless to say, I've had to start experimenting with what I'm eating to see if I can find the right carb/protein combinations that leave me feeling satisfied in general and definitely less like I need to eat everything in sight. This, of course, has led to some new food obsessions. And they are...

-Hardboiled Eggs with Garlic Aioli Mustard (My breath is bad all day long and I don't care)
-Bulking up my tomato and red pepper soup with kale and canned beans
-Bananas before and after dancing sessions
-Fiberful Fruit Bars from Trader Joes

Other things I'm digging... the Gluten-Free "Oreo" cookies from Bot Bakery, mixing Cardamon Rose Water into my coffee, and finding ways to add fruit or veggies to every meal (including snacks and desserts).

According to my Saturday weigh in, I have lost a total of 62.8 pounds. Technically I'm down even further as of this morning, but I know better now to wait to announce numbers until after WW makes it official (you never know how the week is gonna go). When I hit 75 pounds lost I will be about halfway to my total weight loss goal (give or take a few pounds). My actual goal is to comfortably fit into a size 14 jean, whatever weight that will end up being for my frame I'm not really sure. I have an idea from when I was a 14 last time, but my body has changed since college. Anyway, when I hit 75 pounds (halfway baby), I will be going all out and getting myself a rather large reward in the form of a new fancy bicycle! I already have it picked out, but I'm going to go look at it today in store to see if it's actually as great as what I've seen online. Plus being able to actually touch it I think will motivate me to keep going.

All right. I know no one reads this, but at this point I am pretty much writing for posterity's sake. So... have a good week, she says to herself. :)

No comments: